The Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation (HWCF), formed in 2009, is a CEO-led organization whose national, multiyear effort is designed to help reduce obesity—especially childhood obesity. In just five years, HWCF members have already removed 6.4 trillion calories from the marketplace, which represents a 78 calorie reduction per person, per day. It is a first-of-its–kind coalition that brings together more than 255 retailers, food and beverage manufacturers, restaurants, sporting goods and insurance companies, trade associations, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and professional sports organizations. HWCF promotes ways to help people achieve a healthy weight through energy balance—calories in and calories out. It focuses its efforts on two critical areas—families and schools—through its Together Counts™ campaign which is used by over 15 million students across the country.
2013 Annual Report: Click here to view.
By the Numbers
- 1.5B cumulative consumer reach by Together Counts™ brand*
- 17.8M US students engaged in the curriculum reaching ½ of US Pre-K-5th student population
- 2MM total unique website visits
- 212K Facebook Fans
- 1.7M Girl Scouts, 2.5M Boy Scouts, 4.3M PTA members and 30,000 Teach for America educators engaged
- 250+ active corporate and nonprofit members
*Includes impressions for Together Counts Australia