The Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation (HWCF), formed in 2009, is a CEO-led organization whose national, multiyear effort is designed to help reduce obesity—especially childhood obesity. In just five years, HWCF members have already removed 6.4 trillion calories from the marketplace, which represents a 78 calorie reduction per person, per day. It is a first-of-its–kind coalition that brings together more than 300 retailers, food and beverage manufacturers, restaurants, sporting goods and insurance companies, trade associations, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and professional sports organizations. HWCF promotes ways to help people achieve a healthy weight through energy balance—calories in and calories out. It focuses its efforts on two critical areas—families and schools—through its Together Counts™ campaign which is used by over 29.8 million students across the country.
By the Numbers
- 2.4B cumulative consumer reach*
- 29.8M US students engaged in the curriculum, reaching ½ of US Pre-K – 5 student population
- 2.8M total unique website visits
- 290K Facebook Fans
- 61.9M potential reach via nationally established non-profit Associate Member partners
- 300+ active corporate and nonprofit members