The Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, a CEO-led organization, is a national, multi-year effort designed to help reduce obesity–especially childhood obesity–by 2015. It’s a first-of-its kind coalition that brings together more than 250 retailers, food and beverage manufacturers, restaurants, sporting goods and insurance companies, trade associations and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and professional sports organizations. The Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation (HWCF) promotes ways to help people achieve a healthy weight through energy balance–calories in and calories out. It focuses its efforts on two critical areas—families and schools.
2013 Annual Report: Click here to view the 2013 Annual Report.
By the Numbers
- Cumulative Consumer reach: 820,000,000 (U.S. and Australia)
- Engaging 13,570,200 US Students
- Engaging 1.7 million Girl Scouts and 4.3MM+ PTA Members
- Unique site visits – 1,791,900
- Facebook – 167,040 fans
- 250+ active corporate and nonprofit members